Friday, June 19 through Sunday, June 21, Out in the Vineyard presents Gay Wine Weekend 2015. This is one of the largest gay wine events in the world and not to be missed. Sonoma County has been named one of America’s top 20 LGBT tourist destinations and the weekend features a busy schedule of LGBT events with world class wine, food, music, and dancing. There’s even an auction and pool party! Events sell out quickly, so we recommend booking early and taking advantage of the Advance Purchase VIP Blind Tasting Passes for $350, a $100 discount for a limited time.
Special Event Highlights
Gay Wine Weekend is filled with exciting events, but here are the favorite picks from the locals: Friday, June 19
La Crema VIP Welcome Reception – MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa available to hotel guests holding VIP Party Passes
– 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Kick off Gay Wine Weekend with La Crema Wines at this welcoming reception held at the official host hotel. This exclusive party is available to VIP guests staying at the hotel and a great way to start the weekend. Legendary Sonoma Winemaker Dinner – Williams-Sonoma $150
– 7:30 p.m. Don’t miss this event with Sonoma’s legendary Chateau St. Jean Winery and Williams-Sonoma. Held at the original Williams-Sonoma location in historic Sonoma, this five course winemaker dinner is hosted by Chateau St. Jean’s award winning Margo Van Staaveren. All Ladies Dinner with Gary Farrell Winery and The Girl & The Fig $125
– 7:30 p.m. At this all ladies dinner, acclaimed lesbian winemaker Theresa Heredia will feature her Pinot Noir and cool climate Chardonnay. Saturday, June 20
Out in the Vineyard Wine Tours & Lunch $95
– 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Out in the Vineyard’s wine tasting tours highlight some of Sonoma, Russian River, and Dry Creek Valleys’ best wine producers. Visit the wineries directly for a wine tasting and enjoy a catered boxed lunch. Choose from four different options: Southern Sonoma, Heart of the Valley, Plaza Wine Walk, or Old World & New. Twilight T-Dance $80 – $165
– 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (VIP early admission at 5:00) Arguably the highlight of Gay Wine Weekend, the Twilight T-Dance features dance anthems from DJ Jamie J Sanchez as well as COLT men Seth Fornea and Brian Maier. The event is held at Buena Vista Winery, California’s first and oldest winery. A portion of the proceeds benefit Face to Face, the Sonoma County AIDS Network. Don’t feel like driving or staying the night? Hop on the SF Party Bus for $30, departing from Tank 18 in San Francisco. The shuttle departs at 5:00 p.m. and returns at 11:30 p.m. Sunday, June 21
Gay Wine Auction & Recovery Brunch – MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa $75
– 10:00 a.m. Another Gay Wine Weekend event you just can’t miss: the Gay Wine Auction & Recovery Brunch benefiting Face to Face. This event features a buffet brunch and offers the opportunity to bid on legendary wines, winery tours, and visits. Sunday Pool Soiree – MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa $30
– 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Wind down from a busy wine weekend at the Sunday Pool Soiree. You’ll be able to lounge and enjoy the Sonoma sun poolside. For a full listing of Gay Wine Weekend events, visit Out in the Vineyard.
Gay Wine Weekend Discounts
With so many enticing events, Gay Wine Weekend offers special bundles and deals for visitors. Consider these discounts to make your Gay Wine Weekend stay even sweeter: Mac Arthur Place Hotel & Spa
The official host hotel for Gay Wine Weekend, MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa offers special Gay Wine Weekend rates. Specials start at just $299 per room with a two night minimum. Guests who reserve and stay three nights or more will receive a $100 Garden Spa credit per room. Plus, VIP guests who stay at the hotel will be able to visit the VIP Welcome Reception on Friday. Alaska Airlines
If you require air travel for Gay Wine Weekend, consider booking with Alaska Airlines. The airline is offering 7% off their best fares at time of booking for Gay Wine Weekend attendees. Simply use the code EC7568 for travel to Santa Rosa, Oakland, or San Francisco between June 16 and June 24.
Gay Wine Weekend Tips
- Shop at the LGBT Business Expo at the Mac Arthur Place Hotel & Spa. This expo features businesses with goods and services targeted to the LGBT market.
- Don’t miss Sunday’s auction and brunch. This auction benefits Face to Face, the Sonoma County AIDS Network.
- Gay Wine Weekend is located only 45 minutes north of San Francisco. Make it a road trip if you’re in the area!
Ready to make your plans to visit Gay Wine Weekend? Buy tickets and find full event details at Out in the Vineyard.
Main Image Source: Out in the Vineyard